How to Lighten up Your Clothing Without Using Bleach

Bleach Your Clothing. The #1 question I get from family members, friends and aquaintances is “How do you lighten up your outfits without bleach?”

It’s easy.

Now the number one tip I can give for getting and keeping bright outfits really bright is pre-soaking them in a drain full of water with 1 cup of lighten.

Another great way to get your outfits bright is to add 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice to your complete and range dry OUTSIDE. *

That being said, I hardly ever remember to pre-wash, and it’s winter, so I’m not range blow drying my outfits outside. So here is what I do:

What you’ll need:
1/2 cup lighten or 2 tbsps. of Ecover Dust Bleach substitute (or 1/4 cup Ecover Fluid Bleach alternative
3 tbsps. Selfmade Dust Cleansing laundry washing Detergent
2 scoops Oxo Brite contained in trouble (I have a 3.5 lb package that takes months, but you can find it smaller here.)

Top-load machine instructions:
Pour all substances in and let machine complete with trouble. Then add outfits and stop pattern to let the outfits relax for 30 minutes. After 30mins I continue washing and blow drying as regular. (I usually clean heated and wash cold to save on my hot water bill!)

Front-load machine instructions:
If you have a front side loading machine (like me), add your dingiest outfits first, (in our house which is footwear usually) then complete the machine partway with water, then stop the pattern and add the rest of your bright outfits. Start the pattern again and when it creatures to churn

Sexy (my hubby) pre-treats his collars for dogs buy treating lighten immediately on them and massaging them together before putting them in the laundry. If when I go to clean, they still seem grubby, I’ll make a insert of lighten and everyday and rub it on the blemish. This works well for armpit destinations as well! I only use Hydrogen lighten on white wines and light shaded outfits. (It will not leave those unpleasant lighten destinations either). Oxo Brite I use on my shaded clean too.

*Note: Do NOT mix freshly squeezed orange juice and lighten together in your machine. It will eat slots in your clothes! Bleach Your Clothing.